The Alloway Working Memory Assessment (AWMA-2) is a fully automated online assessment of working memory. This revision of the AWMA (2007) is standardized for use with individuals from early childhood (5 years) to adulthood (69 years). This tool provides a practical and convenient way for psychologists, clinicians, and educational professionals to assess verbal (auditory) and visuo-spatial short-term memory and working memory.
- Screener: 2 WM tests - suitable for screening individuals with suspected working memory difficulties.
- Short Form: 4 tests to screen individuals who are suspected to have memory difficulties, but the specific area of their difficulties is not known.
- Long Form: 8 tests recommended for confirmation of significant working memory problems.
Three new tests were developed for the AWMA-II.
Letter Recall was designed to measure verbal (auditory) short-term memory
Processing Letter Recall was designed to measure verbal (auditory) working memory
- Backward Dot Matrix was designed to measure visuo-spatial working memory
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Increase Age Range: The AWMA-2 now has extended norms up to 69 years of age. This extended age range will allow psychologists and clinicians to provide early screening of working memory that can inform appropriate support and intervention.
Increase User-Friendliness: The AWMA-2 is fully automated. All tests are presented onscreen and the scoring is fully automated. This minimizes the risk of experimenter error both in the administration and the scoring of the test. The fully automated feature of the AWMA-2 also facilitates group testing as many schools choose to test a group of students simultaneously.
- Number of items per block: The number of items per block was reduced from six items to four items. The shortened number of items allows for reduced overall testing time.
- Item Revisions: Experts using different language versions of the AWMA in research provided formal feedback on the items and subtests, including the statistical reliability of different subtests. This data, together with user feedback, informed the decision to review and refine the items and eliminate those that were potentially problematic.
Please note that this is BETA version so we are currently working on the PRINT function - if you purchase this, please screenshot your results to save them.